Whose Slave Are You?
by Mike Deguzman
1. A Slave to Sin or a Slave of Obedience
2 Timothy 2:22
Proverbs 5:13 (TLB) Oh, why wouldn’t I take advice? Why was I so stupid?
2. A Slave to Sin or a Slave to Righteousness
3. A Slave to Sin or a Slave to God
1 Corinthians 11:27-30
Small Group Questions:
- Why do you think Paul chose to use the image of slavery to help understand the point he made, “Where sin increased, grace abounded (super-increased)?”
2. Why do you think the translators decided to use the term “servant” rather than slave when communicating the truth about our new relationship to God? Which term (servant or slave) is most helpful?
3. How have you personally experienced the freedom of being a slave to God?
4. What is God teaching you and how is the Holy Spirit changing you as a result of what you have studied in Romans 6:15-23?