The Implications of Justification By Faith
by Mike Deguzman
I. All Boasting is Excluded
1 Corinthians 4:7
II. All Distinctions are Removed
1 Timothy 2:5-6
III. The Law is Established
Romans 3:20-31 (The Living Bible)
Small Group Questions:
1. Give as many reasons as possible from Philippians 3:36 why Paul could have boasted in the Law.
2. How did he ultimately view his credentials?
3. What advantages/credentials do you have to boast in your “righteousness?”
4. Why does justification exclude any possibility of boasting?
5. How can we be more intentional about ignoring our cultural distinctions and embracing our unity in Christ?