by Mike Deguzman
1. The Folly of Pretending and Performing
2. The Freedom of Pursuing
3. The Fulfillment of Peace
“Yes, we believe that God exists, that He created the heavens and the earth, that the Bible is accurate, and that paradise awaits, but we often live —at a functional level—as if there is no God. We worry too much. We control too much. We demand too much. We regret too much. We run after God replacements too much. We do all these things because we have forgotten God’s presence, power, and glory.” ~ Paul David Tripp
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
1 Corinthians 1:2-8
1 Corinthians 3:1-3
4. The Fulness of Pleasure
Small Group Questions:
1. Do you tend to default more towards being a pretender or a performer?
2. What will be the fruit of resting in your identity in Christ in your home, work, and church (ministry)?
3. In what practical ways can we all stop being “functional atheist” as Paul David Tripp defined it?
4. What is God teaching you and how is the Holy Spirit changing you as a result of what you have heard and read this week?