by Thom Bacon
- 1. “ Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest”
- Jesus says to come.
- Jesus says to come to me. Isaiah 55:3 & Mark 10:13-15
- Who is Jesus inviting? All who are weary and heavy-laden. Matthew 11:19 and Matthew 8:1-3; 8:13-16
- What did Jesus promise? I will give you rest. Mark 6:31; Genesis 2:2-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Exodus 23:12; Exodus 34:21
- 2. “Take My yoke upon you” Romans 5:1; Philippians 4:6-8; Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:15; Genesis 3:16-19
- What incentive did Jesus give us for taking His yoke? For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 9:35-36
- “Easy” doesn’t mean simple. It means good or well-fitting.
- 3. “Learn from Me”. Psalm 23
- We are not to just learn about Him, but directly from Him. John 14:26; John 16:13-15
- How does Jesus describe Himself? gentle and humble in heart
- What is the final result of coming, taking and learning from Him? YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. I John 1:9; Luke 6:37; John 14:27; Psalm 55:22
- Application: Jeremiah 6:16